Ami KO (born 1982, Niigata, Japan) graduated from Joshibi University of Art and Design graduate school (MA) in 2007. She mainly works in plaster and ceramic, and is most noted for her female sculptures. “Warmth” is what each of her works has in common. “Everything I experience in my life is my inspiration. I by any means wish to express only a positive aspect of humans. " says the artist. While exhibiting works in gallery spaces, art fairs and art festivals, she also gives workshops for children quite often.Her teaching style is well received by both kids and parents alike. She herself is a mother of two children.
- Born in Niigata, Japan
- Master of Fine Arts, Joshibi University of Art and Design, Tokyo, Japan
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Joshibi University of Art and Design, Tokyo, Japan
EXHIBITIONS ＆ ART FAIRS
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- “Tiny exhibition”, Futakotamagawa Rise office -Catalyst BA Library space, Tokyo, Japan (Produced by YUKARI ART)
- “becoming human”, YUKARI ART CONTEMPORARY, Tokyo, Japan
- “emergence vol.1”, YUKARI ART CONTEMPORARY, Tokyo, Japan
- “Mother”, Gallery ES, Tokyo, Japan
Selected Group Exhibitions
- “One hundred roses”,Ginza Mitsukoshi Department store 7th floor gallery, Tokyo, Japan
- “Drawing Connections”, Siena Art Institute, Siena, Italy
- Japan Art Donation/Tokyo Wonder Site presents “Art for Tomorrow” A charity exhibition for Tohoku Region Pacific Coast Earthquake, Tokyo Wonder Site, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
- YUKARI ART CONTEMPORARY’s 3rd year anniversary exhibition vol.1 “it’s a wonderful life!”, YUKARI ART CONTEMPORARY, Tokyo, Japan
- “DRESS CODE-02”, Ginza gallery Joshibi,Tokyo, Japan
- “Niigata Water and Land Art Festival”, Niigata City Art Museum, Niigata, Japan
- “Neko Neko exhibition III”, HITSUJI-GARO, Niigata, Japan
- “Ashigara Satoyama Art Exhibition”, Nakai-machi and Oi-machi, Kanagawa, Japan
- “The 42th Kanagawa Art Exhibition”, Kanagawa Prefectural Gallery, Kanagawa, Japan
- “SUMMER FESTIVAL 'Art Students Exhibition in NY' 2005”, NY, U.S.A.
- “5 women's art exhibition”, Japan Centre for Cities, Tokyo, Japan
Selected Art Fairs
- ART OSAKA 2012, Osaka, Japan
- ART OSAKA 2011, Osaka, Japan
- “The 42th Kanagawa Art Exhibition”, selected award
- “SUMMER FESTIVAL 'Art Students Exhibition in NY' 2005”, Richard Vine Award
- Joshibi University of Art and Design, best work award
Exhibition views of Ami KO from "Treasure hunting" held at art galleries of Nihombashi & Shinjuku Takashimaya Department Store this summer! ＊YUKARI ART will be temporarily closed until October 9 due to autumn holiday and office /server maintenance.Please kindly note...
"Treasure hunting",an exhibition by all of 6 management artists of YUKARI ART at 10th floor art gallery of Takashimaya Shinjuku successfully ended on 11 of September.Thank you very much to all of you who kindly visited the...
"Treasure hunting",an exhibition by all of 6 management artists of YUKARI ART @ Shinjuku Takashimaya Department store's 10th floor art gallery will be open until 11 of September 2017. Last 4 days! Don't miss out the show☺️ ●Exhibition title："Treasure hunting" ●Date:...