Yui FUJNAGA (born 1981, Hiroshima, Japan) graduated from Joshibi University of Art and Design in 2006. She has been painting children as her main motifs. By depicting group figures of them, she expresses her feelings and thoughts toward things happening around her and in the world. ” One of the viewers once told me that my paintings lie in a silent and mysterious, but cheerful world. I think this is true. Actually,I am not so keen to express darkness or sadness. I don’t want to push viewers strongly by painting something negative.” says the artist. It is noteworthy that even if she begins to work on her piece as she got inspired by heavy social incidents, her work always turns to peaceful in the end. ” I personally believe that the strongest expression of art should be silent ,mysterious and cheerful. This is how I would like to paint. I simply would love to concentrate on pursuing beautiful lines and colours. Perhaps, this is the happiest and the most important thing to me.” In this unstable contemporary world, FUJINAGA might be an artist of rare and necessary character.She is an emerging artist who received silver medal at “GEISAI#7” in 2005 and honorable mention at Adachi Contemporary Ukiyoe Award in 2015.
- Born in Hiroshima, Japan
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Joshibi University of Art and Design, Tokyo, Japan
EXHIBITIONS ＆ ART FAIRS
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- “Todokoyo 〜 reaching you〜,Entrance hall of Futako tamagawa Rise office, Tokyo, Japan
- “Pandas in Ueno!” (Meguri Window Gallery), Cafe Meguri, Tokyo, Japan
- “When we were little, we met in a dream”, Niji Gallery, Tokyo, Japan
Selected Group Exhibitions
- “with the spring breeze”, Bora gallery, Utsumi-cho, Hiroshima, Japan
- “Drawing Connections”, Siena Art Institute, Siena, Italy
Selected Art Fairs
- ART OSAKA 2012, Osaka, Japan
- ASIA TOP GALLERY HOTEL ART FAIR HONG KONG, Hong Kong
- “Adachi Contemporary Ukiyoe Award”,Honourable mention
- “GEISAI#7”, Silver medal
"Treasure hunting",an exhibition by all of 6 management artists of YUKARI ART at 10th floor art gallery of Takashimaya Shinjuku successfully ended on 11 of September.Thank you very much to all of you who kindly visited the...
"Treasure hunting",an exhibition by all of 6 management artists of YUKARI ART @ Shinjuku Takashimaya Department store's 10th floor art gallery will be open until 11 of September 2017. Last 4 days! Don't miss out the show☺️ ●Exhibition title："Treasure hunting" ●Date:...
"Treasure hunting",an exhibition by all of 6 management artists of YUKARI ART is starting at Shinjuku Takashimaya Department store's 10th floor art gallery from 30 of August thru 11 of September 2017.This is a touring exhibition from Nihombashi Takashimaya Department...